Mike Schneider, Colonel (retired), was a soldier for over 30 years and held a variety of US Army and Joint Command and Staff positions at all echelons of the Department of Defense. He served in operational assignments in Europe, the Pacific, the Middle East, and throughout the United States, commanding multiple units at the company level, an air assault battalion, and an airborne brigade. Mike served in a variety of strategic and operational planner positions at US Army Pacific, Multi-National Force Iraq, and both the Joint Staff and Army Staff in the Pentagon.
Mike holds a BS from the United States Military Academy, an MS from West Point, NY, The Naval Post Graduate School, an MMAS from The Army Command and General Staff College, The School of Advanced Military Studies, and an MS from the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
- Chief of the Joint War Plans Division on the US Joint Staff, The Pentagon
- Special Assistant for Strategy to the Chief of Staff of the Army, The Pentagon
- Senior Military Assistant to the Under Secretary of the Army, The Pentagon
- Chief of Security Strategy at Multi-National Force, Baghdad, Iraq
- Commanding Officer of an Airborne Brigade and Airborne Battalion, Fort Bragg, NC
- Chief of Operation 25th Infantry Division, Schofield Barrack, HI
- Senior Operational Test Officer for a variety of Army C3 Systems, Fort Hood, TX
- Multiple Company level Commands, Augsburg, West Germany
- Distinguished Service Medal, Legion of Merit (w/OLC), Defense Superior Service Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Master Parachutist Badge, Air Assault Badge, Army Staff Badge, Joint Staff Badge
Most Interesting Moment
“Too many interesting moments to pick the most interesting, but one of many was witnessing a mass reenlistment ceremony while in Iraq. It was truly humbling to see so many young men and women renew their commitment to service while in the midst of a combat zone, thousands of miles away from friends and family, and knowing first-hand the sacrifices that would be asked of them.”
Reflection and Remembrance
“I wish everyone in America could have the opportunity to live and work with the amazing young men and women who raise their right hand, at a very young age, and swear to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Serving beside countless American soldiers from all walks of life, of every ethnicity and religion, has enriched my life beyond anything I can describe.”