Earlier this month, we announced an exciting new collaboration with Hewlett Packard Enterprise to bring the world’s most comprehensive ecosystem of hardware and software modules to the edge of the battlefield. This will deliver an exceptional balance of performance, storage, reliability, manageability and efficiency for data-intensive defense and aerospace applications such as aeronautical engineering, satellite communications, guidance and tracking systems, destructive and non-destructive materials testing, propulsion and engine testing, surveillance and electronic warfare, impact studies, mechanical testing and vibration analysis.
Our new RES-XR6 Alliance server line makes this a reality, leveraging HPE’s mature and field-proven data center server platform (ProLiant) with its market-leading technologies and vast ecosystem of hardware/software modules, and coupling that with TAA-compliant components, U.S.-designed firmware, and threat-protection enhancements.
Top Five Benefits
- Trade Agreements Act (TAA) compliance. The new RES-XR6 Alliance product line integrates TAA-compliant components with advanced threat protection features along with U.S.-designed firmware embedded in HPE silicon to meet customer requirements and reduce the risk of possible malicious components.
- Scalable compute platform. Allows users to scale HPE infrastructure, features and the applications that rely on them from the data center to edge/defense applications. This includes key features such as processor and memory sparing (redundant processors and memory) that deliver high availability and prevent single points of failure.
- Enterprise-grade management. Embedded management with HPE iLO 5. HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) allows users to configure, monitor and update HPE servers seamlessly from anywhere in the world. Featuring the latest innovations in simplified operations, performance and security, HPE iLO allows the management of an entire server infrastructure with ease. For HPE ProLiant Gen10 servers, iLO 5 provides several new improvements in security, speed and simplicity (some features require an optional iLO Advanced license).
- Reduced latency and reliable performance. HPE’s jitter-smoothing technology mitigates processor frequency fluctuation to reduce latency and deliver deterministic and reliable performance, ideal for high-performance computing such as the processing of sensor mission data. Jitter smoothing is available on all Intel-based Gen10 servers with iLO 5 and an iLO Advanced (or above) license.
- Secure supply chain. ProLiant components are shipped directly from HPE’s secure shipping with tamper-evident seals and tracking. For customers building highly sensitive mission-critical applications, these components can be assembled in a secure U.S. facility with TS/SCI-cleared personnel. Mercury and HPE flows down NIST 800-53 Supply Chain Security and DFARS counterfeit requirements to component manufacturers.
Our collaboration with HPE is an excellent example of how we make trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense customers that need them. In this case, deploying hyperscale data center processing to accelerate mission-critical defense and tactical edge applications. But don’t just take it from us—see what Sam Ceccola, HPE’s DoD Account Technologist, had to say about our partnership and the benefits it will deliver.